Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Update

Can you believe it's July?!?! Seems like just yesterday it was January! Before we know it January will be here again & it will be time to start a new year. I'm just not going to think about that for now. Yikes! :) I keep telling myself that this summer I would get back into blogging again & it just hasn't happened yet. I have been super busy this summer. The family took a trip to Austin to visit my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin & his family for a week. We had a great time! It had been a year since I had seen everyone so I enjoyed getting to catch up with everything going on. I also just love being in Austin! It's quiet & they have places to shop that our small little town doesn't have. When I got back I ended up having to go in for a root canal. :( This was not planned but the tooth started bothering me so I figured I might as well just get it over with! This week I have been in Dallas pet/house sitting. It has been nice to be alone & get some reading in. On Tuesday I took the DART train to Plano & had lunch at a little place & did some shopping! I always love riding the train when I'm here! Tomorrow I'm heading back to Austin for a few days to visit family & look for jobs. If possible I would like to move to Austin. I'm ready to be back in a bigger city! I hope I can find a job soon that is just what I need. While in Austin I'm going to make some cupcakes for my Twitter friend that had a stroke. He has been asking for people to bring him cupcakes & come visit him. He is still in the hospital but seems to be doing better. He will be there for another 2 months doing rehab & learning to do things all over again. Keep praying for his recovery! His goal is to walk out of the hospital when they release him. That would be great!

I hope y'all are having a great summer as well! If you comment be sure & tell me what you have been up to this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment