Friday, June 4, 2010

May Update

It has been a while since I have done a real blog post so I'm just going to start with a update of what's been going on.

On May 13th I finished up with the Spring semester of college. Yay! I was so excited to get out of that class with my crazy teacher. To celebrate being out of school, on Friday I took the Amtrak train to Dallas to spend the weekend with my Mom's college friend. We always have a blast together! This time we got pedicures, did some shopping (always have to do that!), made a cake for her Mom's Birthday, & ended my visit with breakfast together & more shopping! :)

While I was gone on vacation, Mom & Dad had to put my cat of 17 years to sleep. Tiger was blind & hadn't been doing well so they took him to the vet & found out he had a tumor that was half his body weight. Not good. I miss he LOTS but I'm glad we caught it before he started suffering. That all happened on Friday. That previous Monday, my Grandma's dog that we took in when she passed away also had to be put to sleep. :( So now we are down to two dogs & two cats.

I got back from Dallas on Monday, May 17. That night around 10 Dad got a call from Hospice in OKC that my Grandfather wasn't doing well at all. They thought it would be best for my Dad to come ASAP. We decided we would all go & drive up to OKC during the night. We packed, went by Mom's school so she could leave notes & then went to Dad's school. While we were there we got a call just after midnight (Tues morn) that my Grandfather had passed away. I was SO upset that we didn't make it in time for me to say bye. I am thankful that he didn't have to suffer long & is now in a MUCH better place! Click here for his Obituary. Here is a picture of him when he was younger.


Papa~ I love you with all of my heart & I miss you lots! I'm so happy you are in a better place now & I don't have to worry or be upset anymore that you aren't getting the care you should be. Now, you are pain free & healthy! I can't wait until the day that I join you.
Love, Katrina :)


1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for sharing. I know it is hard to say good bye to someone that you love. I didn't make it back in time last summer before my grandma passed on. But its okay because i made the most of every oppurtunity to show her i loved her when i was around and i know i will see her again. thanks again for sharing. :]
    i hope your summer goes well,
    js

    ReplyDelete